Advocating for family farms
The NFU-NB is growing!
It’s clear that there is a huge need for the unique voice that the NFU-NB brings to the table advocating for family farms and for food sovereignty. Thanks to all of you for your continued support and a warm welcome to everyone who joined the NFU-NB.
Who are NFU-NB members?
Any Farmer in the province
Any farmer in the province is eligible to become an NFU-NB member, any non-farmer interested in supporting our work is welcome to become an associate member. Membership to the NFU-NB automatically means you are a member of the larger NFU structure, represented federally as well as provincially.
NFU-NB members care deeply about food production, farming, and the impact of farming on human health, the environment and society. We feel that for farming in this province to be competitive and sustainable, multiple voices are required at the table. The NFU-NB has a vital role to play, as one of the two accredited general farm organizations in the province.
The NFU is a progressive farm organization and women are active and equal participants in the Union, supporting each other, organizing, formulating and articulating policy and serving as elected officers. To ensure that the voices of farm women are clearly heard our constitution provides for women’s positions at every level. Learn more about the NFU Women.Learn more about NFU Women
Our organization also has a very active Youth Membership. The NFU Youth is a network of young Canadians committed to building a food system that is economically viable for family farms, socially just and locally focused. The NFU Youth consists not only of young farmers but also their urban counterparts who are stop-ed-black com with the future of food and agriculture in Canada and around the world.
Join the NFU-NB today to receive these member benefits
- The Union Farmer quarterly magazine — an important source of information and analysis of food and farm issues with a national scope
- The NFU-NB’s bilingual NB Family Farmer bi-annual newsletter
- The NFU-NB’s monthly electronic newsletter
- An NFU membership card
- Invitations to NFU activities and meetings, regionally, provincially, and including the annual National Convention
- Discount at Mark’s Work Wearhouse (discount card provided)
- Access to discounted farm tax preparation (NFU-NB exclusive benefit);
- Voting privileges for Board of Director elections and policy resolutions at the annual meeting
- Group health benefits; if you are an NFU-NB member and would like information on our new plan contact Suzanne (506) 260-0087
- Insurance Plan
- Special rate for Small Farm Canada magazine
- And we’re working on more! Stay tuned for details.
Farm Business Registration
(Farm Members Only)
The National Farmers Union is an accredited general farm organization in New Brunswick.
Contact Gabrielle Perkins, Registrar of Farms if you have any questions (506) 444-2848
Direct membership (option for farm members and associate members)
- Farm family (includes parents and any children 14 – 21) – $225/year
- Farm unit (farmers who operate a cooperative/collective/communal farm together) – $225/year
- Farm Youth (25 and under) – $113/year
- Farmworker (individual farm workers) – $113/year
- Associate member (non-farming member) – $75/year