Do you have a passion for agriculture and have experience in coordinating projects? Do you have an interest in, or experience with mental and physical health and safety in agriculture? Are you looking for a career that will help New Brunswick farming community be a safer place in all aspects? The Agricultural Alliance of New Brunswick, in partnership with the National Farmers Union in New Brunswick and Really Local Harvest are looking for someone just like you to become our bilingual coordinator for a Mental Health and Farm Safety Initiative!
Term: Contract position with a potential start of April, 2023 until the end of March 2024 with expectations of renewal for 4 subsequent years (pending available funding)
Location: New Brunswick
Hours: Full-time – Monday to Friday. Must have the ability to travel (when possible).
Salary: $ 55,000.00 (to be negotiated depending on experience)
Language: Fluency in English and French (speaking and writing)- Required
Transportation: Valid driver’s license (some travelling required).
Other: Work from home
- Delivery of the Mental Health and Farm Safety Initiative with focus on the promotion and awareness of the program, coordinate training, and agricultural sector assistance programs (counselling). Continue to customize and advance the Mental Health and Farm Safety Initiative
- Review and research programs and initiatives in other provinces, conduct surveys of the ongoing initiatives, and establish a work plan
- Collaborate with mental health organizations, as well as other provincial farm safety partners, the Department of Agriculture, Aquaculture, and Fisheries, WorksafeNB, the Canadian Agricultural Safety Association, and the Canadian Mental Health Association NB to determine the resources and materials specific for New Brunswick farms.
- Be accountable to and provide reports to Agriculture NB (The Agricultural Alliance of NB, the National Farmers Union-NB, Really Local Harvest)
- Access funding and prepare funding proposals
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French are essential
- Experience in mental health and/or farm safety an asset
- Highly organized, task oriented, independent worker
- Ability to manage, coordinate and deliver on multiple projects and relationships
- Great project management skills
- Experienced in working with committees, public relations, planning and coordinating training and workshops
- Experienced in working independently and remotely
- Proposal development experience an asset
- Strong decision making, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Proven computer skills including use of social media tools and Microsoft Office.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, saved as one document, to the Agricultural Alliance of NB by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (not through Facebook). Please state “Mental health and farm safety” in the subject line. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.