Between February 3 and March 3, 2015 the National Energy Board will be accepting applications to participate in the Energy East Pipeline hearings.
You can apply if:
1.You are someone who will be directly affected by TransCanada’s Energy Pipeline or
2. You have relevant knowledge or expertise to give on the pipeline.
For people directly affected the following points will be considered:
What is the nature of your interest?
- Commercial, financial or proprietary
- Personal use or occupancy of the land and resources affected by the Project
- Use of the land for traditional purposes
How does your interest stand to be directly affected?
- Degree of connection between your interest and the project
- Likelihood of harm to your interest
- Frequency and duration of your use of the project area
The application to participate in the hearings will be available HERE, starting February 3, 2015. Late applications will not be considered, don’t miss you your chance!
Click on the following links to learn more:
- All about the National Energy Board and the public consultations for Energy East
- Will the Energy East Pipeline go through your farm? Previous article by NFU-NB
- The Energy East Pipeline: What you need to know By the Conservation Council of NB
Contact Tracy Glynn at the Conservation Council with any questions on how to participate: firstname.lastname@example.org or 506 458-8747