The NFU and the Agriculture Alliance of NB have been working in conjunction with the Department of Agriculture and Finance to amendments to the current regulations for Fuel and Gas Tax Exemptions for Registered Professional Agricultural Producer (RPAP) card holders.
The new changes include:
- One application form that combines the registration for both the Farm Registration and Farm Fuel Tax Exemption Programs;
- One card to cover the two programs;
- Expansion of the Farm Fuel Tax Exemption Program to cover all on-farm activities that use fuel;
- Simplifies reporting of farm truck fuel usage on farms to obtain tax refund;
- Reduced and simplified auditing procedures;
For full details, the NFU has made information available to you online, visit Registered Professional Agricultural Producer (RPAP) Program Changes.
If you have not received your fuel-tax exception and farm registry forms in the mail yet, they will be coming soon! If you have any questions, call us at (506) 538-1189 or toll-free 1-888-246-5583.